Skipping rope is a very efficient and complete full-body workout. You are integrating resistance training of your calves, hamstrings, shoulders and arms with an incredible cardiovascular workout. In a sense, you are toning your muscles while strengthening your heart.
Jumping Rope – Workout Styles
- Basic jump– jump with both feet at the same time. Master this technique first. Make sure you jump by going up and not by flexing you feet the knees.
- Alternate foot jump– alternate your feet. You can skip one or two times with each foot and then switch to other one.
- Criss-cross– cross your hands in front of the body.
- Double under– jump a bit higher and swing the rope two times before hitting the ground
JUMPING ROPE BENEFITS
- Cheap way to save time while burning major calories: For about $8 and 30 minutes, a 130-pound woman can burn 330 calories — running at a pace of 10 minutes per mile (six mph) only burns 270 calories.
- You can do your workout anywhere: Whether you’re in a hotel room on a business trip, outside on your deck, or inside your home because of bad weather, you can jump rope — just make sure the ceilings are high enough. Since a jump rope takes up so little room, it can easily be stashed in your suitcase, gym or yoga bag, or even your purse.
- Jumping is good for bone health: If you’re young, you’re not exactly worrying about osteoporosis yet, but what you do now can help prevent this condition. It turns out that simply jumping up and down helps strengthen your bones.
- It tones your legs and booty: Who doesn’t want a tight and toned tush? Just like running and biking, jumping rope requires mostly leg strength. You can jump up and down, side-to-side, or forward and backward, jump while moving around the room, jump with one leg, or jump with both legs together. Varying your steps will target different muscles and also prevent boredom.
Different message everytime you drag it
This is perfect.
This needs to be on everyone’s dash.
WOW!!! This is unbelievably good!
Weight-loss & motivation blog
(Source: , via be-healthy-happy-beautiful-deac)